My Circles and Me Setting Boundaries for Personal Space
‘My Circles and Me’ is a resource that can be used to support children and young people with being able to create personal boundaries for safer relationships.
This resource will help to support teaching about respecting privacy and boundaries. It can also be used to spark a discussion about information sharing about ourselves at different levels, e.g. personal information and who we share that with.
This is an introductory resource for explaining privacy and appropriate physical touch. It should not be taught as a stand-alone worksheet and should be accompanied by a class discussion where possible.
How could this resource be used?
- To support exploring privacy, information sharing and appropriate physical touch.
- To support with building safer relationships.
- To support a child 1:1.
- To support all children as part of a class-based discussion.
Which statutory England PSHE curriculum* objectives does this resource fall into?
*in line with the PSHE Association 2021 Statutory Guidance.
- KS1: R1 – about the roles different people (e.g. acquaintances, friends and relatives) play in our lives.
- KS2: R1 – to recognise that there are different types of relationships (e.g. friendships, family relationships, romantic relationships, online relationships).
Scottish Health and Wellbeing Curriculum Outcome:
- Relationships, Sexual Health and Parenthood – I am aware of the need to respect personal space and boundaries and can recognise and respond appropriately to verbal and non-verbal communication (HWB 0-45b, 1-45b, 2-45b, 3-45b, 4-45b).
More amazing resources you might like:
Share this resource:
Request a Resource
Want to request or suggest a resource? Pop us a message below and we will see what we can do. We are not able to respond directly to all requests but be rest assured, we are reading them and constantly updating the resource bank accordingly to all your fabulous ideas!