A Friendship 'Soup/Cake' Recipe: How To Be a Good Friend Worksheet
The ‘Friendship Recipe’ slideshow has been designed to support children in exploring the qualities of a good friend and healthy friendships. It looks at what qualities a person needs to be a good friend and could be used alongside teaching instruction writing.
There is a slideshow that accompanies this resource, you’ll find it here.
How could this resource be used?
- To support with building positive friendships.
- To provide children with vocabulary to describe a good friend.
Which statutory PSHE curriculum* objectives does this resource fall into?
*in line with the PSHE Association 2021 Statutory Guidance.
- KS1 – R6: about how people make friends and what makes a good friendship.
- Ks2 – R10: about the importance of friendships; strategies for building positive friendships; how positive friendships support wellbeing.
- Ks2 – R11: what constitutes a positive healthy friendship (e.g. mutual respect, trust, truthfulness, loyalty, kindness, generosity, sharing interests and experiences, support with problems and difficulties); that the same principles apply to online friendships as to face-to-face relationships.
Scottish Health and Wellbeing Curriculum Outcome(s):
Relationships, Sexual Health and Parenthood:
- I am aware of how friendships are formed and that likes, dislikes, special qualities, and needs can influence relationships (HWB 0-44a/HWB 1-44a).
- I am aware that positive friendships and relationships can promote health and the health and wellbeing of others (HWB 2-44b).
Share this resource:
Request a Resource
Want to request or suggest a resource? Pop us a message below and we will see what we can do. We are not able to respond directly to all requests but be rest assured, we are reading them and constantly updating the resource bank accordingly to all your fabulous ideas!