The Confidence Scale - Developing Self-Esteem and Self-Regulation
‘The Confidence Scale’ has been designed to support children and young people with identifying their confidence level on a scale. This is perfect for building self-esteem and self-regulation when it comes to tackling challenging tasks that we might otherwise be unsure of.
Scaling a problem can help it to seem more manageable but also support the young person in tracking their progress and identifying how confident they feel.
How could this resource be used?
- To support emotional regulation.
- To support emotional literacy and identifying confidence.
- To support a child 1:1.
- To support all children as part of a classroom display.
Which statutory England PSHE curriculum* objectives does this resource fall into?
*in line with the PSHE Association 2021 Statutory Guidance.
- KS1: H19 – to recognise when they need help with feelings; that it is important to ask for help with feelings; and how to ask for it.
- KS2: H17 – to recognise that feelings can change over time and range in intensity.
Scottish Health and Wellbeing Curriculum Outcome: Mental and Emotional Wellbeing – I know that we all experience a variety of thoughts and emotions that affect how we feel and behave and I am learning ways of managing them.
Share this resource:
Request a Resource
Want to request or suggest a resource? Pop us a message below and we will see what we can do. We are not able to respond directly to all requests but be rest assured, we are reading them and constantly updating the resource bank accordingly to all your fabulous ideas!