Anti-Bullying: Bullying Looks, Feels, and Sounds Like... Worksheet
We recommend setting a set of class ground rules and keeping the discussion boundaried, whilst also allowing the children to ask questions when appropriate. These resources encourage children to think about the effects of bullying on not only themselves but also others. The aim is to foster a community of respect, understanding and empathy towards others inside and beyond the classroom.
How could this resource be used?
- To support with building an anti-bullying culture within school.
- To provide children with vocabulary to understand bullying and inappropriate behaviour.
Relevant Curriculum Links:
England PSHE – Which statutory PSHE curriculum* objectives does this resource fall into? *in line with the PSHE Association 2021 Statutory Guidance.
- KS1 – R10: that bodies and feelings can be hurt by words and actions; that people can say hurtful things online.
- KS1 – R11: about how people may feel if they experience hurtful behaviour or bullying.
- KS1 – R25: how to talk about and share their opinions on things that matter to them.
- KS2 – R31: to recognise the importance of self-respect and how this can affect their thoughts and feelings about themselves; that everyone, including them, should expect to be treated politely and with respect by others (including when online and/or anonymous) in school and in wider society; strategies to improve or support courteous, respectful relationships.
- KS2 – R19: about the impact of bullying, including offline and online, and the consequences of hurtful behaviour.
Scottish Health and Wellbeing Curriculum Outcome(s):
- Mental and Emotional Wellbeing:
- I know that friendship, caring, sharing, fairness, equality and love are important in building positive relationships. As I develop and value relationships, I care and show respect for myself and others. HWB 0-05a / HWB 1-05a / HWB 2-05a / HWB 3-05a / HWB 4-05a.
- Social Wellbeing:
- I recognise that each individual has a unique blend of abilities and needs. I contribute to making my school community one which values individuals equally and is a welcoming place for all. HWB 0-10a / HWB 1-10a / HWB 2-10a / HWB 3-10a / HWB 4-10a.
More amazing resources you might like:
Share this resource:
Request a Resource
Want to request or suggest a resource? Pop us a message below and we will see what we can do. We are not able to respond directly to all requests but be rest assured, we are reading them and constantly updating the resource bank accordingly to all your fabulous ideas!