The Scribbles Crew: Fine-Motor Skills Emotions Playdough Mat
‘The Scribbles Crew: Fine-Motor Skills Emotions Playdough Mat’ has been designed to support children and young people with identifying how different activities or events make them feel. It enables them to realise that sometimes we feel multiple feelings at the same time.
This is perfect for practicing fine motor skills by pushing and pulling the dough.
How could this resource be used?
- To support emotional regulation.
- To support emotional literacy and identifying triggers.
- To support a child 1:1.
Which statutory PSHE curriculum* objectives does this resource fall into?
*in line with the PSHE Association 2021 Statutory Guidance.
- KS1: H13 – how feelings can affect people’s bodies and how they behave.
- KS1: H18 – different things they can do to manage big feelings, to help calm themselves down and/or change their mood when they don’t feel good.
- KS2: H20 – how to manage and respond to feelings appropriately and proportionately in different situations.
Scottish Health and Wellbeing Curriculum Outcome: Mental and Emotional Wellbeing – I understand that my feelings and reactions can change depending upon what is happening within and around me. This helps me to understand my own behaviour and the way others behave.
More amazing resources you might like:
Share this resource:
Request a Resource
Want to request or suggest a resource? Pop us a message below and we will see what we can do. We are not able to respond directly to all requests but be rest assured, we are reading them and constantly updating the resource bank accordingly to all your fabulous ideas!