My Lifejacket: Coping Skills for BIG Feelings Self-Regulation
‘My Lifejacket’ has been designed to support children and young people with self-regulating big emotions and feelings. This is the perfect plan to create alongside the child or young person so they know what to do if they are needing to calm down when dysregulated.
How could this resource be used?
- To support emotional regulation.
- To support emotional literacy.
- To support self-regulation and strategies for coping.
- To support a child 1:1.
- To be used as part of a classroom display.
Which statutory England PSHE curriculum* objectives does this resource fall into?
*in line with the PSHE Association 2021 Statutory Guidance.
- KS1: H18 – different things they can do to manage big feelings, to help calm themselves down and/or change their mood when they don’t feel good.
- KS2: H20 – how to manage and respond to feelings appropriately and proportionately in different situations.
Scottish Health and Wellbeing Curriculum Outcome: Mental and Emotional Wellbeing – I am learning skills and strategies which will support me in challenging times, particularly in relation to change and loss.
More amazing resources you might like:
Share this resource:
Request a Resource
Want to request or suggest a resource? Pop us a message below and we will see what we can do. We are not able to respond directly to all requests but be rest assured, we are reading them and constantly updating the resource bank accordingly to all your fabulous ideas!