'I Need Help' Desk Prompt Cards
‘I Need Help’ has been designed to support children and young people with identifying when they need further support. This is perfect for laminating and placing on a desk for the child or young person to turn over when needed to signal to the teacher that they require some support. This doubles up as a classroom management tool and prevents children from queuing up behind you!
This works as both a wellbeing, emotional regulation tool and a tool for identifying need within the classroom.
How could this resource be used?
- To support self-regulation.
- To support a child 1:1.
- To be used as part of a classroom display.
Which statutory England PSHE curriculum* objectives does this resource fall into?
*in line with the PSHE Association 2021 Statutory Guidance.
- KS1: H18 – different things they can do to manage big feelings, to help calm themselves down and/or change their mood when they don’t feel good.
- KS1: H24 – how to manage when finding things difficult.
- KS2: H20 – how to manage and respond to feelings appropriately and proportionately in different situations.
Scottish Health and Wellbeing Curriculum Outcome: Mental and Emotional Wellbeing – I am learning skills and strategies which will support me in challenging times, particularly in relation to change and loss.
Share this resource:
Request a Resource
Want to request or suggest a resource? Pop us a message below and we will see what we can do. We are not able to respond directly to all requests but be rest assured, we are reading them and constantly updating the resource bank accordingly to all your fabulous ideas!