'Freezy the Feelings Snowman' Emotions Activity
A relaxing winter-themed resource to encourage mindfulness, doodling, and mark-making. Perfect for encouraging children to create different marks to decorate their hat, gloves and scarf. This is a simple mark-making activity that is bound to promote calmness and get everyone involved. Suitable for all ages.
How could this resource be used?
- To support with mark-making.
- To encourage mindfulness from early on.
Relevant Curriculum Links:
England PSHE – Which statutory PSHE curriculum* objectives does this resource fall into? *in line with the PSHE Association 2021 Statutory Guidance.
- KS1: H11 – about different feelings that humans can experience.
- KS1: H12 – how to recognise and name different feelings.
- KS1: H14 – how to recognise what others might be feeling.
- KS1: H15 – to recognise that not everyone feels the same at the same time, or feels the same about the same things.
- KS1: H16 – about ways of sharing feelings; a range of words to describe feelings.
- KS2: H19 – a varied vocabulary to use when talking about feelings; about how to express feelings in different ways.
Scottish Health and Wellbeing Curriculum Outcome(s):
- Mental and Emotional Wellbeing:
- I am aware of and able to express my feelings and am developing the ability to talk about them. HWB 0-01a / HWB 1-01a / HWB 2-01a / HWB 3-01a / HWB 4-01a.
More amazing resources you might like:
- Bullying and Anti-Bullying
- Colouring Sheets
- Emotional Literacy
- Emotional Regulation
- Emotions and Feelings
- Fine-Motor Skills
- Games and Activities
- Health and Wellbeing
- Lesson Plans
- PSHE Curriculum
- School Transition
- Self-Care and Wellbeing
- The Scribbles Crew
- Zones of Regulation
Share this resource:
Request a Resource
Want to request or suggest a resource? Pop us a message below and we will see what we can do. We are not able to respond directly to all requests but be rest assured, we are reading them and constantly updating the resource bank accordingly to all your fabulous ideas!