A Recipe for Positive Mental Health - Halloween Edition
The ‘A Recipe for Positive Mental Health – Halloween Edition’ has been designed to support children and young people with identifying activities that can help when they are feeling a drop in their mental health.
It is about finding a balance of activities in lives between body care (sleep, eating, hygiene, exercise, relaxation, mindfulness), achievement (school, work, chores, clubs, academic life), closeness (friendships and relationships with family or friends) and enjoyment (hobbies, interests). Time for relaxation and enjoyment needs to be embedded within our daily lives.
How could this resource be used?
- To support emotional regulation.
- To support emotional literacy and identify when our mental health may need further support.
- To support a child 1:1.
- To support all children as part of a classroom display.
Which statutory England PSHE curriculum* objectives does this resource fall into?
*in line with the PSHE Association 2021 Statutory Guidance.
- KS1: H17 – about things that help people feel good (e.g. playing outside, doing things they enjoy, spending time with family, getting enough sleep).
- KS2: H15 – that mental health, just like physical health, is part of daily life; the importance of taking care of mental health.
- KS2: H21 – to recognise warning signs about mental health and wellbeing and how to seek support for themselves and others.
Scottish Health and Wellbeing Curriculum Outcome: Mental and Emotional Wellbeing – I am aware of and able to express my feelings and am developing the ability to talk about them.
More amazing resources you might like:
- Bullying and Anti-Bullying
- Death and Grief
- Emotional Literacy
- Emotional Regulation
- Emotions and Feelings
- Health and Wellbeing
- PSHE Curriculum
- Personal Safety
- Positive Growth Mindset
- Seeking Support
- Self-Care and Wellbeing
- The Scribbles Crew
- Zones of Regulation
Share this resource:
Request a Resource
Want to request or suggest a resource? Pop us a message below and we will see what we can do. We are not able to respond directly to all requests but be rest assured, we are reading them and constantly updating the resource bank accordingly to all your fabulous ideas!