Today's Top 3 Daily Positives Worksheet
This daily reflective task supports children to focus their attention on the positives. We know that if we dwell on the negatives then this can affect our overall mood and leave us feeling negative feelings, such as stressed, upset, angry, frustrated, gloomy. However, this daily task encourages children to get into the habit of recalling positives throughout the day.
How could this resource be used?
- To support with fostering a positive growth mindset.
- To ensure that children are focusing their attention on the positives throughout their day.
- To help children to understand that by focusing on the positives then this leads to overall better mental health and wellbeing.
Relevant Curriculum Links:
England PSHE – Which statutory PSHE curriculum* objectives does this resource fall into? *in line with the PSHE Association 2021 Statutory Guidance.
- KS1: H17 – about things that help people feel good (e.g. playing outside, doing things they enjoy, spending time with family, getting enough sleep).
- KS2: H15 – that mental health, just like physical health, is part of daily life; the importance of taking care of mental health.
- KS2: H16 – about strategies and behaviours that support mental health — including how good quality sleep, physical exercise/time outdoors, being involved in community groups, doing things for others, clubs, and activities, hobbies and spending time with family and friends can support mental health and wellbeing
- KS2: L25 – to recognise positive things about themselves and their achievements; set goals to help achieve personal outcomes.
Scottish Health and Wellbeing Curriculum Outcome(s):
- Mental and Emotional Wellbeing:
- I understand the importance of mental wellbeing and that this can be fostered and strengthened through personal coping skills and positive relationships. I know that it is not always possible to enjoy good mental health and that if this happens there is support available. HWB 0-06a / HWB 1-06a / HWB 2-06a / HWB 3-06a / HWB 4-06a.
More amazing resources you might like:
- Colouring Sheets
- Edger the Emotions Emu
- Emotional Literacy
- Emotional Regulation
- Emotions and Feelings
- Games and Activities
- Goal Setting
- Grounding Techniques
- Guides for Parents, Teachers and Professionals
- Health and Wellbeing
- New Year
- PSHE Curriculum
- Self-Care and Wellbeing
- The Scribbles Crew
- Zones of Regulation
Share this resource:
Request a Resource
Want to request or suggest a resource? Pop us a message below and we will see what we can do. We are not able to respond directly to all requests but be rest assured, we are reading them and constantly updating the resource bank accordingly to all your fabulous ideas!