My New Years Resolutions Wreath Craft Activity
These New Year resources are the perfect tool to support children in setting positive goals for the year ahead and reflecting on the year gone by.
Resolutions help to encourage a positive year ahead. This creative activity encourages children to write down their top 3 goals for the year ahead before cutting them out and sticking them to their wreath. The wreath should be displayed somewhere visible so that they can reflect on their goals and progress throughout the year ahead.
How could this resource be used?
- To support with setting positive goals and resolutions.
- To be used as a mindful colouring activity to encourage calmness and clear thinking.
Relevant Curriculum Links:
England PSHE – Which statutory PSHE curriculum* objectives does this resource fall into? *in line with the PSHE Association 2021 Statutory Guidance.
- KS1: H17 – about things that help people feel good (e.g. playing outside, doing things they enjoy, spending time with family, getting enough sleep).
- KS2: H15 – that mental health, just like physical health, is part of daily life; the importance of taking care of mental health.
- KS2: H16 – about strategies and behaviours that support mental health — including how good quality sleep, physical exercise/time outdoors, being involved in community groups, doing things for others, clubs, and activities, hobbies and spending time with family and friends can support mental health and wellbeing
- KS2: L25 – to recognise positive things about themselves and their achievements; set goals to help achieve personal outcomes.
Scottish Health and Wellbeing Curriculum Outcome(s):
- Mental and Emotional Wellbeing:
- I understand the importance of mental wellbeing and that this can be fostered and strengthened through personal coping skills and positive relationships. I know that it is not always possible to enjoy good mental health and that if this happens there is support available. HWB 0-06a / HWB 1-06a / HWB 2-06a / HWB 3-06a / HWB 4-06a.
More amazing resources you might like:
Share this resource:
Request a Resource
Want to request or suggest a resource? Pop us a message below and we will see what we can do. We are not able to respond directly to all requests but be rest assured, we are reading them and constantly updating the resource bank accordingly to all your fabulous ideas!