Looking After My Mental Health: How can I look after myself?
‘Looking After My Mental Health: How can I look after myself?’ has been designed to support children and young people with identifying activities that can help when they are feeling a drop in their mental health.
How could this resource be used?
- To support emotional regulation.
- To identify ideas for positive self-care practice.
- To support emotional literacy and identify when our mental health may need further support.
- To support a child 1:1.
- To support all children as part of a classroom display.
Which statutory England PSHE curriculum* objectives does this resource fall into? *in line with the PSHE Association 2021 Statutory Guidance.
- KS1: H17 – about things that help people feel good (e.g. playing outside, doing things they enjoy, spending time with family, getting enough sleep).
- KS2: H15 – that mental health, just like physical health, is part of daily life; the importance of taking care of mental health.
Scottish Health and Wellbeing Curriculum Outcome: Mental and Emotional Wellbeing – I understand the importance of mental wellbeing and that this can be fostered and strengthened through personal coping skills and positive relationships. I know that it is not always possible to enjoy good mental health and that if this happens there is support available.
More amazing resources you might like:
Share this resource:
Request a Resource
Want to request or suggest a resource? Pop us a message below and we will see what we can do. We are not able to respond directly to all requests but be rest assured, we are reading them and constantly updating the resource bank accordingly to all your fabulous ideas!