'I am...' A Ray of Sunshine Affirmations Worksheet
An activity to encourage children to think about their unique qualities and what makes them special.
Perfect for a ‘getting to know me’ lesson or as part of the PSHE curriculum. This self-esteem worksheet will support children and young people to feel confident in themselves through positive affirmations and positive self-talk.
How could this resource be used?
- To support with self-esteem and positive self-talk.
- To form a ‘get to know me’ session at the start of the school year, term or in group/1:1 work.
Relevant Curriculum Links:
England PSHE – Which statutory PSHE curriculum* objectives does this resource fall into? *in line with the PSHE Association 2021 Statutory Guidance.
- KS1: H18 – different things they can do to manage big feelings, to help calm themselves down and/or change their mood when they don’t feel good.
- KS2: H20 – strategies to respond to feelings, including intense or conflicting feelings; how to manage and respond to feelings appropriately and proportionately in different situations.
- KS2: H21 – to recognise warning signs about mental health and wellbeing and how to seek support for themselves and others.
Scottish Health and Wellbeing Curriculum Outcome(s):
- Mental and Emotional Wellbeing:
- I understand that my feelings and reactions can change depending upon what is happening within and around me. This helps me to understand my own behaviour and the way others behave. HWB 0-04a / HWB 1-04a / HWB 2-04a / HWB 3-04a / HWB 4-04a.
- I am learning skills and strategies which will support me in challenging times, particularly in relation to change and loss. HWB 0-07a / HWB 1-07a / HWB 2-07a / HWB 3-07a / HWB 4-07a.
More amazing resources you might like:
Share this resource:
Request a Resource
Want to request or suggest a resource? Pop us a message below and we will see what we can do. We are not able to respond directly to all requests but be rest assured, we are reading them and constantly updating the resource bank accordingly to all your fabulous ideas!