It's okay if I lose... Social Story about Sportsmanship, Winning and Losing Games
‘It’s Okay to Lose…’ Social Story has been designed to support children and young people with exploring BIG feelings, such as anger, frustration, sadness, envy, jealously and more when it comes to winning and losing. This is perfect for talking about Sports Day and how sometimes we win or lose and that is okay to feel a certain way.
How could this resource be used?
- To support emotional regulation.
- To think about winning and losing.
- To support emotional literacy and identifying BIG feelings, such as anger.
- To support a child 1:1.
Which statutory England PSHE curriculum* objectives does this resource fall into?
*in line with the PSHE Association 2021 Statutory Guidance.
- KS1: H13 – how feelings can affect people’s bodies and how they behave.
- KS1: H18 – different things they can do to manage big feelings, to help calm themselves down and/or change their mood when they don’t feel good.
- KS2: H20 – how to manage and respond to feelings appropriately and proportionately in different situations.
Scottish Health and Wellbeing Curriculum Outcome: Mental and Emotional Wellbeing – I understand that my feelings and reactions can change depending upon what is happening within and around me. This helps me to understand my own behaviour and the way others behave.
More amazing resources you might like:
- 5 Point Scale
- Angry Scribble
- Behaviour Management
- Calm Scribble
- Emotional Literacy
- Emotional Regulation
- Emotions and Feelings
- Games and Activities
- Health and Wellbeing
- Personal Safety
- Seeking Support
- Self-Care and Wellbeing
- The Scribbles Crew
- Wellbeing Journal
- Zones of Regulation
Share this resource:
Request a Resource
Want to request or suggest a resource? Pop us a message below and we will see what we can do. We are not able to respond directly to all requests but be rest assured, we are reading them and constantly updating the resource bank accordingly to all your fabulous ideas!