'The Stages of Grief' - adaption of the Kübler-Ross Model (1969) for Children
“The Stages of Grief” is a worksheet that has been designed to support with discussions surrounding grief and death.
How could this resource be used?
- To support understanding of death, dying and grief.
- To support emotional literacy and identifying BIG feelings.
- To support a child 1:1.
Which statutory England PSHE curriculum* objectives does this resource fall into?
*in line with the PSHE Association 2021 Statutory Guidance.
- KS1: H20 -about change and loss (including death); to identify feelings associated with
this; to recognise what helps people to feel better
- KS2: H23 – about change and loss, including death, and how these can affect feelings; ways of expressing and managing grief and bereavement.
Scottish Health and Wellbeing Curriculum Outcome: Mental and Emotional Wellbeing
- I understand the importance of mental wellbeing and that this can be fostered and strengthened through personal coping skills and positive
relationships. I know that it is not always possible to enjoy good mental health and that if this happens there is support available: HWB 0-06a / HWB 1-06a / HWB 2-06a / HWB 3-06a / HWB 4-06a.
- I am learning skills and strategies which will support me in challenging times, particularly in relation to change and loss: HWB 0-07a / HWB 1-07a / HWB 2-07a / HWB 3-07a / HWB 4-07a.
Share this resource:
Request a Resource
Want to request or suggest a resource? Pop us a message below and we will see what we can do. We are not able to respond directly to all requests but be rest assured, we are reading them and constantly updating the resource bank accordingly to all your fabulous ideas!