My Zones Diary: A 'Behaviour' Log
‘My Zones Diary: A ‘Behaviour’ Log’ has been designed to support children and young people with exploring how throughout the day we can move between different ‘zones’ or regulation points.
Behaviour is always communication.
How could this resource be used?
- To support emotional regulation.
- To support emotional literacy and identifying feelings on a scale.
- To support a child 1:1.
- To be utilised in staff training.
- To help to manage behaviour in an understanding, therapeutic way.
Which statutory England PSHE curriculum* objectives does this resource fall into?
*in line with the PSHE Association 2021 Statutory Guidance.
- KS1: H18 – different things they can do to manage big feelings, to help calm themselves down and/or change their mood when they don’t feel good.
- KS2: H20 – how to manage and respond to feelings appropriately and proportionately in different situations.
Scottish Health and Wellbeing Curriculum Outcome: Mental and Emotional Wellbeing – I understand that my feelings and reactions can change depending upon what is happening within and around me. This helps me to understand my own behaviour and the way others behave.
Share this resource:
Request a Resource
Want to request or suggest a resource? Pop us a message below and we will see what we can do. We are not able to respond directly to all requests but be rest assured, we are reading them and constantly updating the resource bank accordingly to all your fabulous ideas!