Moving to Secondary School: Transition Session 2
‘Moving to Secondary School: Transition Session 2’ is a sequence of learning designed to support Year 6/Primary 7 children transitioning from Primary to Secondary School.
This is Session 2 of 3.
Session 2 looks at problem-solving strategies and busting myths surrounding moving to Secondary School.
How could this resource be used?
- To support with moving schools.
- To provide children with problem-solving strategies to support their mental health.
- To encourage children to identify when they need further support for their mental health, both spotting warning signs in themselves and others.
Which statutory PSHE curriculum* objectives does this resource fall into?
*in line with the PSHE Association 2021 Statutory Guidance.
- KS2 – H24: Problem-Solving strategies for dealing with emotions, challenges and change, including the transition to new schools.
- KS2 – H21: To recognise warning signs about mental health and wellbeing and how to seek support for themselves and others.
- KS2 – H36: strategies to manage transitions between classes and key stages.
Scottish Health and Wellbeing Curriculum Outcome:
- Mental and Emotional Wellbeing: I am learning skills and strategies which will support me in challenging times, particularly in relation to change and loss.
- Mental and Emotional Wellbeing: I understand the importance of mental wellbeing and that this can be fostered and strengthened through personal coping skills and positive relationships. I know that it is not always possible to enjoy good mental health and that if this happens there is support available.
Share this resource:
Request a Resource
Want to request or suggest a resource? Pop us a message below and we will see what we can do. We are not able to respond directly to all requests but be rest assured, we are reading them and constantly updating the resource bank accordingly to all your fabulous ideas!