Feelings (Incident) Reflection Log
The ‘Feelings (Incident) Reflection Log’ has been designed to support children and young people with exploring complex emotions and reflecting on situations that cause them to become de-regulated.
How could this resource be used?
- To support emotional regulation.
- To support emotional literacy and identifying feelings on a scale.
- To support a child 1:1.
- This could also be used as a whole class display to support all children.
Which statutory England PSHE curriculum* objectives does this resource fall into?
*in line with the PSHE Association 2021 Statutory Guidance.
- KS1: H13 – how feelings can affect people’s bodies and how they behave.
- KS1: H18 – different things they can do to manage big feelings, to help calm themselves down and/or change their mood when they don’t feel good.
- KS2: H20 – how to manage and respond to feelings appropriately and proportionately in different situations.
Scottish Health and Wellbeing Curriculum Outcome: Mental and Emotional Wellbeing – I understand that my feelings and reactions can change depending upon what is happening within and around me. This helps me to understand my own behaviour and the way others behave.
More amazing resources you might like:
- Breathing Techniques
- Bullying and Anti-Bullying
- Emotional Literacy
- Emotional Regulation
- Emotions and Feelings
- Grounding Techniques
- Guides for Parents, Teachers and Professionals
- PSHE Curriculum
- Self-Care and Wellbeing
- The Scribbles Crew
Share this resource:
Request a Resource
Want to request or suggest a resource? Pop us a message below and we will see what we can do. We are not able to respond directly to all requests but be rest assured, we are reading them and constantly updating the resource bank accordingly to all your fabulous ideas!