My Self-Esteem Journal
‘My Self-Esteem Journal’ has been designed to support children and young people with identifying the moments to celebrate and be proud of each day, even if the day has been difficult. It is a daily journal that covers 7 days.
The idea is to encourage the child or young person to record an idea against each prompt. There is also the option to rate the day out of 10 to support scaling feelings.
This resource features The Scribbles Crew, a group of friendly-looking emotions characters that can be created by any child. They are just that: scribbles!
How could this resource be used?
- To support emotional regulation.
- To support emotional literacy and identifying different emotions.
- To support a child 1:1.
- To support all children as part of a classroom display.
Which statutory England PSHE curriculum* objectives does this resource fall into?
*in line with the PSHE Association 2021 Statutory Guidance.
- KS1: H18 – different things they can do to manage big feelings, to help calm themselves down and/or change their mood when they don’t feel good.
- KS2: H20 – how to manage and respond to feelings appropriately and proportionately in different situations.
Scottish Health and Wellbeing Curriculum Outcome: Mental and Emotional Wellbeing – I understand the importance of mental wellbeing and that this can be fostered and strengthened through personal coping skills and positive relationships. I know that it is not always possible to enjoy good mental health and that if this happens there is support available.
More amazing resources you might like:
Share this resource:
Request a Resource
Want to request or suggest a resource? Pop us a message below and we will see what we can do. We are not able to respond directly to all requests but be rest assured, we are reading them and constantly updating the resource bank accordingly to all your fabulous ideas!